Thursday, November 6, 2008

I am not in my physical space.

I am not here mentally that is. I am at the above location. I woke up at dawn and watched the dear come out to graze. Then I made my eggs and potatoes cooked on an iron skillet and ate them on my front porch. After a short hike in the mountains I came back and took a little nap on my hammock out back. Then early in the afternoon I took the kids to the wheat fields to run and play before supper.....then I woke up and found myself back at work.

Tomorrow I shall be at home with my little man again to help nurse him back to good health before Monday. I am so looking forward to spending another whole day with my little man to play, heal and get some little laughs in. Even though he's sick, I treasure these times I have alone with him at home.

In the morning we will be attending Bella's Student of the Month breakfast. I am so proud to attend and happy to be there for her. Her little brother will be there too to cheer her on. Let me say I will remember my camera on this trip!


I plan on making some of these babies this weekend. Getting ready for the holidays and I want to make homemade treats this year. They are called Simply Sensational Truffles.

2 1/2 pkg (20 squares) Baker's Semi-Sweet Chocolate divided
1 pkg (8oz) Philly Cream cheese

Melt 8 chocolate squares. Beat cream cheese with mixer until creamy; stir in melted chocolate. Refrigerate until firm. Then shape into 36 balls. Place on wax paper-covered tray. Melt remaining chocolate. Use fork to dip truffles; return to tray. Decorate, then refrigerate 1 hour. Refrigerate leftovers. Can decorate with powdered sugar, nuts, cocoa powder, candy sprinkles, etc.

I'll let you know how it goes. I plan on getting Bella involved on this. Chris should have a small heart attack when he sees the mess we will make! Try it too....seems easy enough!

No comments: