Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm so sick & tired of being so sick & tired.






Yes, I am so tired of all the coughing, sniffling, sneezing and wheezing. I'm also tired of mommy checking my temp, giving me medicine, giving me eye drops, cleaning my nose and that awful breathing machine.

Another bad cold. Mom stayed home with me today and we will be hanging together again tomorrow. Even though I feel rough, I still get in to everything!

So yes. I forgot all about daycare and the first two years. Bella was the same way. Sick, sick sick. When you have a few little babies playing together swapping toys, binkies, spit and goobers...what do you expect? He gets better here at home only to catch it again in a week from another goober-sniffling monster. It's endless it seems. This time is back on the nebulizer, has an ear infection and is on antibiotics. I do so love being home with him. Just wish it were under circumstances when he was not feeling ill.
Since I had the benefit of being home I was able to make a dish with more thought and time. One of my sides was one of my ultimate favorites. Butter beans with olive oil, chopped garlic, fresh parsley, fresh basil, salt & pepper. Yummy.

For my kale side dish I browned some potatoe cubes in olive oil for a bit and then added them in with my kale at the end. I could have just eaten the potatoes as is with a little ketchup!

Here's my delish kale dish. Kale, pancetta, olive oil, bit of broth and it's done. I love it and Chris seems to dig it too. Bella....well maybe later. She just wants the pancetta!

No comments: