Friday, November 14, 2008

It passes in a flash...





I have always heard the phrase from my elders concerning time and how fast it passes. I never really noticed in the past or it seemed back when I was younger to pass so slowly. Now I have realized how crazy it is. It goes by so fast and I still find myself busy doing daily things as if the earth will implode if I don't get them done. Meanwhile my little angel is now six and spelling words and my tiny infant boy is standing and turning one soon. I just stumbled upon this picture of Bella from when she was around two years old and I wish I could just rewind time for a minute and sit down next to her and play with her and throw some "b-balls" for while. B-ball is what Bella used to say for ball. We used to roll and kick her balls back and forth on the back porch all the time.

All I can do is just try to train and retrain myself (which is a constant process for me) to just chill and not worry with all the daily chores, and events and just focus on the now. Kind of like some of the philosophies from the Tao Te Ching. The dishes aren't going anywhere right? They will still be there waiting for us after we get back from having fun throwing around our b-balls.

2 comments:

Jenny Rittall said...

Hey Nessa. We have never met, but I know so much about you. I am Jenny, David's wife and Tracy's friend. Tracy sent me your link. What a beautiful blog. I have been giving some thought to starting one, but there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day. I have signed up as a follower of yours and look forward to hearing more from you.

Nessa said...

Jenny,

Thanks for signing up. I am new at all of this as well. Just doing a little at a time. David is such a good person, you have a great man there. I do miss seeing Tracy everyday. Now you get to share with her great humor!

Nessa