Monday, December 8, 2008

Only pictures can tell the story

I still can't believe my little man is one already. He's the sunshine of my life. Kristjan will only have the pictures from his first birthday to see how it all went. I hope to create scrapbooks or albums for them one day so they can have some to keep for themselves. He seemed to enjoy his birthday. To him it was just another day with people making funny faces at him and just soaking in all the love and attention.


This time though, a yummy treat appeared on his tray for him to eat! He took a few bites from his cup cakes and then proceeded to squish them and see what happened when they landed on the floor.
Bella showed her excitement for him. She was having the best time coordinating the events and helping open his gifts. Kristjan seemed to love the mess in the living room! All those new items to investigate and climb on!
I can't forget my pizzas! I like to make my own instead of the order out kind. At least where we live our choices are grease, grease and more grease. About as far from the original Italian pie as you can get. I made a half of one with just cheese for Bella. They were really yummy. I just get the ready made crusts and load whatever I want on them. Roasted garlic, mushrooms, kalamata olives, ham, goat cheese....yum. Super easy and fast for week nights and parties too!
I always have Chris cut the pies, he's much neater about it than I. We had Grandma, Grandpa, Nanna and Nannu there too. We enjoyed some pies, salad and cupcakes. Nannu and Grandpa tried some of Chris's homebrews. Nanna was in heaven having her little ones near and Grandma got to sing some Christmas songs with Bella. I swear I need to get her in theatre or dance.

Grandma and Grandpa came down to visit for a couple of days. Bella always gets excited when they come! We always enjoy having them. We know the next time they come down Kristjan will be on foot and on the go when they see him!

Tomorrow I shall share a photo of why you should never store anything in your oven like it's a pantry. Stay tuned.

No comments: