Monday, January 5, 2009

The day it all begins

It's the day I have set for it to all begin again. I am sure there are millions out there that have the same idea at hand. Some will make it and some won't. I hope I get somewhere this time. I am talking about my resolutions and diet. I may update on my progress now and then, but I don't want to bore anybody with the daily stuff. I am using wholeliving.com to help me along with a lot of it. They have their Body and Soul Challenge that started today. I need work in both areas so I thought, why not give it a whirl.

I brought my backpack with my shoes, clothes and ipod so I should have no excuse not to be able to slip by the park on my way home and get 30 minutes of walking in before I head to the house. I have a treadmill at home but once they notice I am there, it's hard to break away without interruption or I get delayed and then realize it's too late in the evening and I just want to dive into bed. Maybe I can get mom to walk with me, she was wanting to get out and do it. Having a partner or work out pal would help me a lot. I can't afford the personal trainer that I need!
I also brought my leftovers from last night which is black bean burgers with homemade salsa and barley salad. The bean burgers take a little prep work but the salsa can be used with many things and is easy. You don't need to go out and buy salsa when you can make it better at home.
Officially a little boy now. I took him yesterday for his first hair trim. Now he can see! Doesn't he look like he just shed that baby look away?
Bella in her favorite dress and her favorite shoes. It doesn't matter if they match or not because she's running around the house twirling away and clunking on my kitchen floor. Tap dancing classes perhaps?

Meet Nancy. This is Bella's T-Rex. Always wins every dinosaur battle and loves to terrorize the neighborhood.
Every now and then my kitchen table turns into a Jurassic party. Here are a few of them. I also find the occasional dinosaur behind kitchen appliances and jars on my counter top. It's kind of funny because I used to play with my cars in the kitchen and I am sure my mom found a Chevy Nova or Mazda RX7 in the midst of her kitchenware too.

No comments: