Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Good in getting up early

On my way home last night I passed by the park. It was already almost fully dark and the park has no outdoor lighting. I didn't feel too comfortable about being in the pitch dark so I decided to head home to the treadmill. I'll have to wait until the time change when it's more light out in the evenings. Upon opening the door at home I soon realized that I would not be able to make it on the treadmill. Chris's computer had crashed and he desperately needed to repair it, Bella was singing in the tub, Kristjan was chomping at the bit for a bottle and I looked at the clock and noticed it was after 6:00 so I should probably focus on dinner before we end up eating too late.

I did however get my sleepy butt up at 4:20 this morning to get on the treadmill! I guess I am going to have to do it in the morning in order to be able to fit it in and also keep up with my schedule. The good part is by getting up earlier to exercise I was able to take my time this morning to shower, get ready, then get the kids ready etc. verses the chaos that usually occurs every morning. I noticed how quiet it was with all the animals asleep (that includes Chris) that I could actually do little things in peace for a while. I'm no fan of getting up early but I think just being able to chill after exercising and take my time in the morning makes it all worth while.

Last night I made a fantastic frittata! I meant to just make a breakfast skillet of sorts but it morphed into something else. Yes, there is some cream in it but a half a cup of cream for a huge frittata that makes up about 8 generous slices, you aren't getting a whole lot of fat per portion. There is enough flavor going on to not need cheese (I can't believe I just said that) and even using 8 eggs, that's approximately one egg per slice. Just have to keep myself from eating too many slices! You can get my recipe here if you are interested.

Open the door then turn around and the pantry bandit strikes again.

Fill me up, playing in your kitchen pantry works up a thirst!

No comments: