Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Do you have any New Year resolutions? I do. Sure, I have had many in the past with perhaps a fraction of them being accomplished. If you don't set any goals for your dreams, then they may never happen. I had set a goal last year to run a 5k this January. I failed to get up, make the time and get off my ass. My friend Janet did get up and got out and trained for it. I have great respect for her and for accomplishing that goal. She races with her daughter this weekend and I wish them a wonderful time, whether they complete the race or not.

I want to try again. Perhaps not a 5k just yet, but for starters I must get up and exercise. It is a brand new year and a perfect time to "start over" so to speak. Why not? What do I have to lose anyway? Hopefully some weight!

My resolutions (laugh all you want, I can't hear you from here):

  • Lose some weight via getting off my duff and exercising and eating well
  • Save money, not spend money - a very important goal for this year
  • Ban all fast food joints forever...see how long I can go without stepping into one of those rancid places for food.
  • Start my garden and grow some vegetables for the home.
  • Taking some time now and then for myself before I do lose my mind
  • Continue to ponder about what decision I need to make in my life regarding my job and what the hell I can do. I want to get the term "job" out of my life. There has to be a way I can make money and still feel like it means something to my essence and brings me some joy.

Six of them really, with a few more in my head like organizing this or that. Not too horrible and all I can do is try. I quit smoking two years ago and gave birth to two children, surely I can handle getting up early to exercise or fight the urge to eat a fattening burger or down sugary soda.

After Kristjan awakens from his nap I am taking the kids to the park. Bella wants to get out and make some friends and Kristjan loves the outdoors. Poor Chris has to work until 8:00pm tonight so it will just be me and the kids today. I'll bring the old camera out with me.

No comments: