Wednesday, January 28, 2009

It's not the sixties?

I just heated my lunch at work and of course each day I am beset with harassment over the food I eat. Every day I am made to be the hippie weirdo here. Apparently I am weird for eating vegetables, fruits, pasta, nuts and not a lot of meat. I am weird for giving a damn and wanting to eat as much organic as I can. I am weird for integrating other cultures in my meals and eating things like couscous, hummus, curry, sushi or prosciutto. Like I flew to Morocco, Greece, India, Japan & Italy to get those ingredients. Unfortunately I did not, I just went the local grocery store and from recipes in cook books. I never say anything bad about anyone elses's food choices though I would love to at times. I am surrounded by closed minded, uncultured, square ass people.

One of them told me "You are just living in the wrong time, you think it's the 60's." I replied "No, I am just living in the wrong place".

2 comments:

athomewiththeknights said...

You're such a freak, don't you know that?! ;) Don't you love mainstream people wandering around like little penguins just following the masses? They can be entertaining at times. Enjoy your food, your health, and a good giggle.

Nessa said...

Thanks mama! You are right too. I wonder what this world would be like if people would just take their blinders off.