Monday, January 19, 2009

That feeling of accomplishment

I love that feeling you get when you work on something and when completed you look back and get that sense of accomplishment because a) you completed it and b) it turned out pretty cool. That's what happened for me this weekend. I have to say, it was a great weekend. I did have to stay home with Kristjan on Friday because of a new head cold; which I of course, did not mind in the least.

Saturday we dropped Chris's car off for service and we all went for breakfast using a Christmas gift card. We then went to the mall where we used up some other gift cards and let the kids ride the carousel a couple of times. I purchased some vegetarian fed, free range chicken breast for Bella and I cooked it and portioned it out for her for the week. No more dino mystery nuggets! Sure, it's okay to go out and order chicken tenders at a restaurant from now and then and who knows what kind of chicken she eats at school - I can at least make sure she's eating the real deal at home.
Sunday was nice and laid back. Chris played with the kids while I got some goodies done in the kitchen! I made a bunch of whole grain brown rice that I portioned and put in the freezer, made some hummus, some homemade pasta to eat and freeze and even some bread! I still can't believe I made my own bread and it turned out great and it was actually quite easy. I have a big dough ball in my frig now and all I need to do is grab a grapefruit size out, let it rest a bit and throw it in the oven for 30 mins. Voila! Fresh bread!

It was so cool to me to see everyone eating and enjoying my bread. Kristjan was lovin it, Bella had some with dinner and Chris enjoyed some with the hummus. What a great feeling (ok, I'm scaring myself again). I know what's in it and it will mold if not eaten - which is what it's supposed to do.

It also was another beautiful Sunday afternoon...





I did find making those things and spending time outside with the family to be good for a little stress relief. I can always use more of that.

No comments: