Thursday, January 29, 2009

Too many layers

I said I would post a pick of that yummy lasagna from Saturday. Still looks good after some time in the nuker.I think I added too many layers on mine and I wish I had better lighting in my house for food pics. I have to say though, usually your tomato based lasagna tastes better the second time. With this one, the sauce had mostly absorbed in the pasta and it lost it's creaminess the second time around.

Breaded and baked chicken breast for Bella.

Cut for tenders and portioned for later meals. I know what they're made of...chicken.
Here's a recipe for all of those who love bacon and sausage and do not have a cholesterol problem like I do. This is a recipe called Bacon Explosion which contains 4 pounds of pork. It's pork sausage with bacon bits wrapped up in woven bacon strips. Click on the blue link to read the New York Times article (with slide show preparation) to see how this monster is made. I recommend watching the slide show. My ticker started palpitating just looking at it.

1 comment:

athomewiththeknights said...

I think I just had a heart attack looking at that pork monstrosity. :)