Friday, February 6, 2009

Cheap thrills

This has to be a statement that all parents make at least once. "There are all these toys around here but my kids play with _________."

I can answer with (some of these were NOT given to play with): toilet paper, magnets on frig, fruit, vegetables, Tupperware, pots, pans, food boxes, cups, bowls, wooden spoons, laundry basket, blankets, empty plastic bottles, cupboard doors, any door, shoes, empty boxes, mommy's makeup, curtains, books, diapers, door stops, paper towel rolls, paper bags, duffel bags, backpacks, brushes, remote controls, cell phones, daddy's desk, tape, etc.

Fun with magnets. All is cool until he slips them all through the frig grill.

I am honestly going to hide some toys and reintroduce them later. Now that he is walking around, it's much more fun to explore and see what trouble he can get into. That's what toddlers are best at. T for toddler and T for trouble. I say that and yet will admit to all that I wish he could just stay little forever...

I ran into a friend recently that I had not seen in a while and she recommended I get on "facebook". I did that and now I am hooked. I was able to get in touch with many people from school, old pals and also long lost relatives! I love it! I hope to be able to reach out and find more relatives this way. A lot of my cousins; for example, I barely know because we never really saw each other. Those locally and those overseas. I can't reverse time and start again but I can start from now and build relationships. I really do think family is absolutely #1. With technology today, there is no excuse why you can't keep in touch. My kids really have changed my whole perspective on things. Life's too short to not take action.

1 comment:

athomewiththeknights said...

Oh how cute is he?! My girls loved boxes. I wish mine could all stay little, too......ahhhhhhh.....wishful thinking.