Monday, February 2, 2009

Yummy food and childhood play

Yesterday we went over to my parents for dinner. Dad cooked up some awesome grilled chicken along with steamed carrots and fennel. There was grilled seasoned baked potatoes and cold beer. We were treated with some delectable cooked mussels as an accompaniment. Man, I have not had mussels in white wine sauce in so long! Wow are they good. I brought over some of my bread for us to dip in the sauce. They were on sale at the store so he picked them up. It takes just minutes to enjoy those bad boys.

It was a bit overcast but the kids still enjoyed playing in the backyard.

That wagon is getting some serious mileage.

Poor guy got bit by the freeze but the color is beautiful.

Their new bottle brush tree

The BIG ball.

Add Image Where's the sun?

By the looks of it I would seem we have a future candidate for the soccer team.

Tickle tickle!

A couple of days ago I made an easy dish I would like to call Fettuccine with prosciutto and vegetables. It was an easy dish and has fed us for at least 4 meals. This weekend was all about the kids so I didn't get all my food preps done for the week. Saturday Bella and Kristjan played out in the front with the neighbor's kids most of the day so I didn't get much done (I, unlike other parents do stay outside to keep watch on the children) and yesterday afternoon they played at Nanna & Nannu's. I did manage to make my dough ball for this week's bread which I changed a bit to make it a wheat bread. We'll see how that turns out.


The funny thing is, I fell asleep that night before Chris did.

No comments: