- I have not yet officially gotten off my duff to maintain a regular exercise routine. I did manage to improve my diet though.
- I have gotten better at not spending money during the week but still failed to lower the grocery costs the way I want. I am doing my best, but still not making it work. Frustrating! We are making a point to put aside money when we can, so that has improved.
- I have had two mishaps here. Seem to fall victim when I am out, hungry with no healthy option in sight. Lack of self discipline along with living in a town with nothing but greasy spoons and fast food doesn't help either.
- I have started about half of my garden. I have three tomatoes, three peppers, and herbs. I still need to sow my squash, rocket, peas, more basil (use a ton of it) and lettuce.
- I am still working on the "get time for myself" thing. Not easy right now and I know I will have more time when Kristjan gets bigger.
- I am still pondering what to do when I grow up. I am going to back to school in the summer. I have ideas in my head of what I wish I could do and am gathering and writing ideas. I am thankful to have a job but can't wait until the day I can finally enjoy what I do.
With all the challenges of parenthood; the chores, the worries, the colds, and the arguments (Bella & I butt heads sometimes) I know that the laughter, smiles, accomplishments, adoration and love out weigh all else. They are my peace. I hope the country will be healed by the time they want to spread their wings and fly.
I am currently reading a book called "The Spectrum" by Dean Ornish, M.D. The above is the Prevention Food Guide Pyramid he discusses. I mentioned in my "Soup Report" off to the right some of the highlights regarding his food pyramid. So far his observations, instruction and researched data make total sense. Just a matter of a change in lifestyle. Easier said than done, but I'm making baby steps to get out of the fog and just do it damn it (along with my attitude adjustment).