Monday, March 2, 2009

Is the glass half empty or half full?

This year is travelling by very fast it seems. It's March already! I decided to revisit my six resolutions from January to see how I am doing so far and it's looking like I have only touched the surface on the list.
  1. I have not yet officially gotten off my duff to maintain a regular exercise routine. I did manage to improve my diet though.
  2. I have gotten better at not spending money during the week but still failed to lower the grocery costs the way I want. I am doing my best, but still not making it work. Frustrating! We are making a point to put aside money when we can, so that has improved.
  3. I have had two mishaps here. Seem to fall victim when I am out, hungry with no healthy option in sight. Lack of self discipline along with living in a town with nothing but greasy spoons and fast food doesn't help either.
  4. I have started about half of my garden. I have three tomatoes, three peppers, and herbs. I still need to sow my squash, rocket, peas, more basil (use a ton of it) and lettuce.
  5. I am still working on the "get time for myself" thing. Not easy right now and I know I will have more time when Kristjan gets bigger.
  6. I am still pondering what to do when I grow up. I am going to back to school in the summer. I have ideas in my head of what I wish I could do and am gathering and writing ideas. I am thankful to have a job but can't wait until the day I can finally enjoy what I do.
Cool picture from a week ago.

With all the challenges of parenthood; the chores, the worries, the colds, and the arguments (Bella & I butt heads sometimes) I know that the laughter, smiles, accomplishments, adoration and love out weigh all else. They are my peace. I hope the country will be healed by the time they want to spread their wings and fly.

Brings me back to my question about the glass being half empty or half full. To be honest, my initial reaction is usually half empty. Sad, I know. It's a personality flaw of mine that I am working on. I'm not sure where my over analytical and pessimistic tendencies came from, but I want it to go away. With all I have to be thankful for... I need an attitude adjustment. Oh, and a vacation might help too.




I am currently reading a book called "The Spectrum" by Dean Ornish, M.D. The above is the Prevention Food Guide Pyramid he discusses. I mentioned in my "Soup Report" off to the right some of the highlights regarding his food pyramid. So far his observations, instruction and researched data make total sense. Just a matter of a change in lifestyle. Easier said than done, but I'm making baby steps to get out of the fog and just do it damn it (along with my attitude adjustment).

:o)

1 comment:

athomewiththeknights said...

Can't wait till y'all get your BG passes!! And we will definitely come over and swim often; my girls will love that.

As for the half empty/half full.....I debate that often. My financial glass is less than half empty, the rest of my life is absolutely more than half full. In fact, I think it's completely full with bouts of spillage. ;)