Monday, April 20, 2009

First visit to the beach for 09

Grandpa and grandma are in town this weekend and yesterday we decided to take a quick trip over to the beach. It's about an hour from the house. The funny thing is we usually only go to the beach when family comes to visit or if I plan ahead and "book" a Saturday or Sunday. Seems there is always so much catching up to do at home on the weekends we never take the time to get out and enjoy the outdoors and other places.

It was very therapeutic for me. I love the ocean air, smells and sounds. I need to make a point to get in more beach time this summer. It's free (unless you fall victim to the place I mention below) except for gas and parking. Bring your cooler with drinks and lunch then enjoy a couple of hours.


Her normal cautionary standing was no more this trip. She went straight for the water and straight towards any kid her age to play with. She always makes many friends.

This was Kristjan's first visit. At first he didn't know what to think about the beach. It's a huge bathtub! I am sure it was a bit overwhelming at first. He was a bit scared by the waves.

He settled in nicely with a couple of buckets with water and the sand. He even let the waves wet him a bit. As soon as they were getting comfortable, it was time to go. I promise I'll take you again soon.

After the beach we tried to go to this seafood place we like but could not find a place to park so we headed home and figured we may find another place. We then found a Joe's Crab Shack where they have the most amazing seafood menu I have seen in a very long time. They also offer buckets of seafood! I got the "Joe's Steampot" which was a large bucket with Dungeness crab, snow crab, shrimp, sausage, corn on the cob and potatoes. It was lip smackin! They made me wear this cool bib and gave me this great tool for getting in to those crab legs. I took that baby home! I plan on going back there to collect another!

I'm assuming I'm not the only one that HAD to take the tool home after using it. On it, it reads: "Stolen from Joe's Crab Shack".

1 comment:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Stollen... that is funny! Looks like a great and beautiful day! I love that first shot of the seagull... nice capture!

Val