Friday, April 24, 2009

Week ending May 1st

Dinner Menu for the week:

Saturday - Homemade Pizzas
Sunday - Chicken Parmesan with brown rice (I bake them layered with feta cheese, served over the rice)
Monday - Pasta with Lentils and Kale
Tuesday - Black Beans over brown rice (from dried beans, hope to simmer the sauce Sunday)
Wednesday - Pea and Bacon Risotto (I've had some aborio rice in the pantry for years I think. I have some frozen saved pieces of bacon and frozen peas)
Thursday - Pasta with Lentil Bolognese (Made this before and it's a keeper. This time I'll add some fennel a friend grew and gave me)
Friday - Vegetable stew with home made bread (for dipping!)

Let's see. My goal here is to create a menu using as much of what I already have in my pantry and what things I can make myself like the pasta, bread and pizza dough. I already have dried, lentils, dried black beans, aborio rice and brown rice.

There's a recipe I am dying to try and I'll call it Val's Red Curry with Braised Greens. I have to make sure I can find the red curry sauce before I can make it. I'm not sure if my local grocery stores will carry it and I have to wait until my husband is able to go to Whole Foods to look there. I'll be looking for it this weekend.

No comments: