Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A gift for daddy

This morning as I was dropping off the kids at school Bella whispered to her teacher and asked if it was okay to give me something. She took me by the hand and brought me to where they hang the finished art. She had two for me. One for me and one for daddy (shown). She told me this picture was a new orchid for daddy. I thought it was so very sweet.

I need to remember moments like this when she's got me on my last inch of patience.

As some of you may know I am constantly in "educate myself" mode when it comes to food, nutrition, the truth about food processing (corporate greed) and animal rights. Currently I am listening to a series of pod casts from Colleen Patrick-Goudreau who is a writer, activist and public speaker and the the founder of www.compassionatecook.com. She has a book called "The Vegan Table" that I would like to read as well. Very informative and awakening listening.

I know I skipped yet another menu for the week. It's kind of a good thing because I have strayed this week from the "schedule". I'll put up next week's which I am currently working on along with my grocery list. I also will get back to work on my food blog which has been sitting there patiently waiting for me to add more recipes. Where's my twin when I need her?

No comments: