Monday, May 11, 2009

A lovely weekend

It's was a lovely weekend. Saturday I was giving two of four gifts Bella made for me for Mother's Day. She decided to stretch them out. They were all lovely. A couple of cards and a pen she glued a fake flower on along with a note pad. This was my new grocery shopping list pad and pen. I will use them both proudly.

Saturday Chris and I went out for a date. We stopped at this beer enthusiast pub called the Brass Tap where we sampled some nicely crafted beers. We then went to eat where we only ordered appetizers, but ate very well that way. Also on Saturday Chris took me to go select my sewing machine!

I am so excited! I can't wait to learn how to sew. This is the model for newbies like me and it was on sale which was very helpful. I plan on doing some reading to learn what I need and such and then I have my pal Janet that I pray will give me a few lessons (she's a sewing Goddess). I can't wait to learn to make pillows, pillow cases, aprons, napkins and hopefully clothes! I'll have to remember baby steps...baby steps.

Mother's day was very nice. I received lots of hugs and kisses from the kids and Chris gave me a digital picture frame. I love it. I put as many pictures on there as I could with the time I had and plan on adding more. I struggled over whether to bring it to work, but for now I want to enjoy it at home. I made a tasty meal for my mom which was the corn bisque with some fresh baked bread along with a tossed salad with many assorted vegetables, roasted beets and dad cooked up some sesame shrimp for us to put on our salads or plop in our soup. Fantastic!

2 comments:

athomewiththeknights said...

Yay!! Get ready to sew. :) Then there's the whole "I really want more fabric" addiction that could pop up at any time. Mine's in remission at the moment. Whenever you're ready, bring your machine over and we'll hang out and learn stuff.

Nessa said...

I'm totally ready! Just need to get a Saturday or Sunday when we are free from chores and such. I would also like to venture to Joann's and see what's up.