Friday, July 31, 2009

Holy Gazpacho!

I was finally introduced to the wonderful world of Gazpacho and it was refreshing, clean, crisp and flavorful. It took me just minutes to make and both Chris and I felt completely guilt free after eating it. You simply get your food processor out. You process 4 large tomatoes for a bit. Then you add 1 cucumber (peeled), 1 red bell pepper, 4 small cloves of garlic, 1 tsp sherry vinegar, 1 tsp red wine vinegar, 4 tbsp olive oil, salt, pepper and then blend away. Place in frig and chill at least for 30 minutes. I topped with some shredded smoked provolone cheese.
Since dinner was so easy, I had plenty of time to bake a little loaf of bread so that we could sip and dip.

I wish all of my meals could be the fast and still be healthy. I'm getting better at it slowly. Just picking out or planning recipes that have just a few ingredients and aren't too complicated.

No comments: