Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Mommy's little helper

Yesterday I had a cute little assistant at work. She enjoys coming to work with me and I enjoy her company. Makes for a much better environment. I make sure to bring the laptop with some movies, plenty of art supplies and her DS. Mostly she has the movies playing in the background while coloring. She didn't play with her DS once, but colored her little heart out and helped me do little things. I now have an office full of pretty pictures. That also makes for a much better environment. I miss having here with me. My goal though, is that she does as well as she can in school and becomes the living proof of her dreams. Something I am still working on.

Last night I made the black bean and goat cheese quesadillas. Let me tell you how easy these babies were to make! I usually follow the recipe to the T on the first go just to make sure it tastes like it intended. Then when I make it again, I then add things here or there that I think may give it more of a punch or intense flavor. That's the fun in cooking, just experimenting.

Above I mixed in a bowl: 1 can of drained and mashed black beans, goat cheese, 1 chopped tomato, 3 chopped scallions, 1 ear of corn worth (not cooked), salt, pepper and fresh chopped oregano. Then I spooned some on half of a whole wheat tortilla.

Cooked them up on the grill pan.


Then voila! They're done. I served them over some rocket along with some salsa and Greek yogurt. They were very tasty and took me no time at all. I like those kind of recipes for during the week. Next time I may add some chopped chilies or chopped steamed spinach to them. The combination of possibilities are endless.

No comments: