Friday, August 7, 2009

TGIF!

Tuesday Bella had the pleasure of attending a special birthday party with her Ninnie (grandmother). It was the birthday of her great-great grandmother Mama Ruby who just turned 102 this Tuesday. She's still full of life and as spunky as ever. She has been through a lot and has much to teach all of us about human health and happiness. Click here if you would like to read the article.

Here's a picture of Chris's latest brew. It's an ultra tasty IPA that was bottled about a month ago and is technically ready for drinking. It's so very delicious. It's nice and hoppy with a smooth finish. If we wait another couple of months, the flavors will become even crisper and the color more clear. Unfortunately, most of his creations get consumed before they reach their peak age. He would have to brew almost weekly in order for us to accumulate a large enough supply to feed our needs plus allow them to reach complete maturity. We like our good brew, what can I tell ya?

He does have a fan base on his brew. Two of them are pals of mine that I swap brews for fresh farm eggs from their chickens. They absolutely love his beer. I'd love learn from Chris and someday open up a brewery. I know I am in dreamland again, but the only thing missing from my dreams (or crazy ideas) is capital. Gotta get and save some capital.

I'll be delivering some brew for those precious eggs this weekend and I can't wait! Those eggs rock! I know I've said it before, but man I wish I could have some egg laying chickens where I live! I may just ask the homeowner's association just for shits-n-giggles and see what they say. You never know, they may say it's ok and then I'll just have lobby the husband. :o)

No comments: