Friday, August 21, 2009

Week ending August 28th

Sat - Mussels in broth, Pasta Caprese & fresh bread
Sun - Lasagna
Mon - Tossed greens with grilled chicken, grilled corn & pepper jack cheese
Tues - Tomato & sausage risotto
Wed - Greek chicken cutlets with polenta
Thur - Black bean & goat cheese quesadillas
Fri - Chris is in the kitchen!

The Pasta Caprese was a very simple, yet scrumptious recipe that was made in our last Williams-Sonoma class. I had to make sure to fit that in this week. Sunday I'll make the lasagna noodles as I layer. I'm going to make two of them. One for that evening and the other for the freezer. I am hoping that between the lasagna and the risotto there will be enough leftovers for Chris for the following weekend. I may also toss up a rice salad for him as well. I will be gone to New York for a few days so I want to make sure there are easy to eat foods available. All else fails, there is plenty of peanut butter and jelly in the pantry!

I have a very busy weekend and week ahead of me. Most of it is planning ahead stuff. I made sure Saturday's dinner was a snap so I could run and get Bella's shoes and me a carry on luggage then also spend a little time with Nanna before she leaves for Malta that afternoon. I'm so jealous! She will be gone to the Mediterranean paradise for three weeks to visit family.

Glass Carboy


Chris will be brewing his first 10 gallon batch of beer Saturday. A much larger production. He also has to move his Rye beer from the primary fermenter to the secondary fermenter. He will have three carboys full when he's done. Good luck dude. I'll try my best to help him. It's just not a safe environment with a toddler running around.

I also need to plan for Bella's birthday which is the weekend after I get back from my trip. Her birthday falls on a Friday, so we will probably just do cake in the evening with family and then Saturday she wants to go to the beach and eat at Joe's Crab Shack afterward. Grandma and Grandpa will be in town to join in on the festivities. She is very excited about it. All I really need to do is get her the right gift and make the right cake. Luckily the beach has it's own wonderful natural decorations.

I promised to update my blog often and with pictures of the kids for mom while she is gone. She said she would check it every day. Have a safe trip and give love for me to the family. I promise to be there next summer, somehow - someway. And if we can do it, all four of us will come together. :o)

1 comment:

athomewiththeknights said...

Awww....have a safe trip, Grandma!!! :)

Um, *cough*cough* may I have the pasta recipe, please?! I'm rolling out some pasta tomorrow.

Have fun shopping and beer moving. Alex is taking the girls to Lowe's for Build and Grow in the morning. I'll be here with the radio cranked up to maximum.