Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anticipation

Today we had our first taste of Fall. It was in the low 60's this morning ending up in the mid 80's this afternoon and blessed with little humidity. I want it colder. I'll have to wait.

I hope to open the windows and let out the stagnant summer air from the house. It's time for warm baked pies, hot tea and Fall decor.

I actually found a small farm located not far from home that has a pumpkin patch, corn maze, arts, crafts, games and plenty of organic produce. I'll be taking the children there this month so they can take off, run free and explore the farm. Finally, a pumpkin patch that's not located on a busy intersection in the middle of the city (also known as a pumpkin stand). I seem smitten like a child just thinking about selecting a pumpkin in a field. Reminds me of my childhood when I truly believed Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin.

3 comments:

Val in the Rose Garden said...

Oh I love local farm finds! Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. :)

Val

athomewiththeknights said...

Are you telling me there's no great pumpkin?!?!? ;)

I am soooo happy this morning. The weather is fantastic.

Nessa said...

I'm excited to find a local farm! They seem like really nice people.

The weather is finally crisp and clean. I love it when there is no humidity. The hair stays in place and the makeup stays on.