Thursday, September 3, 2009

Just plain silly

That's right! Those little rascals of mine are just plain silly. I wouldn't have it any other way and just adore seeing and hearing them play. That is, when they play nicely. Sometimes things get ugly and my house is just too small for negative vibes. Sibling rivalry is new to an only child like me. I'll just step back and see if they can settle things on their own (as long as no one is going to get hurt).

Kids need to play hard before adulthood comes and sucks the life out of you. Or maybe... life sucks the childhood out of you. Then again, it is possible to remain a child at heart until the day you die. I want to be just that very person. The little me is still in there, I just need to express her more.

My biggest fear in growing old? Not so much the gray hairs and wrinkles, it's becoming always disgruntled and cold towards life or people. I won't allow that to happen. Every time I catch myself taking the negative route when things don't go my way, I try to center myself and think differently. Not an easy thing to conclude all the time and admit there are times when I fail.
Kris was a bit on the grumpy side last night, we believe due to a new tooth we can see pushing through. Everything changes when Bella invites him to play in the "hut". No they're not naked, just halfway into their PJ's. You see, they can't be wasting time getting dressed when there is all that playing to do. During the week, time is of the essence and they get in as much play in as possible before bed time.
I had to gather some pictures together for Kristjan's class. They are doing a family display in their classroom. Sadly, there are not many pictures of the four of us together. I have to admit that a lot of it is my fault. I'm pretty insecure when it comes to having my picture taken. We had some professional photos done last year, but I didn't want to take down the frame and scan it and I found this one. All of us had longer hair and Kristjan was just a little guy.


My friend in New York works for a textbook publishing company and she gave me a few cooking textbooks used at the Culinary Institute and other culinary schools. I brought these two in to work to browse through during my lunch hour. The International Cuisine books covers specific cultural recipes from all over the world. I can't wait to dig into that one. The dessert book breaks food down to their molecular structure almost. Very detailed, somewhat way over my head. These are artisan desserts with some recipes spanning 3 or more pages with instructions. Perhaps I'll use this for a VERY special occasion!

She also gave me a couple of textbooks illustrating and instructing meat and fish. The meat book shows the type of meat, where they are on the animal, the cuts, how to cut, and how to prepare. The fish book shows each fish, where they are from, how to fillet and then to prepare. She said she will be sending me the poultry book soon. Very cool! If I do ever decide to go to culinary school, I'll already have a little bit of a jump start!

1 comment:

Wanda Barrett said...

"I want to learn how to love so quickly and easily that it becomes the first impulse"

(from a comment on another friend's blog, but it just seems to fit what you're talking about here)