Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering

May we never forget about September 11, 2001 and those that died. May we also teach our children about this day so that it remains fresh in their hearts to remember those that died and those that risk their lives every day to protect us. May we also keep close in our minds that the threat is still there, just waiting for the right moment to hurt us again.

I have always gotten goose bumps from the song Imagine that was released by John Lennon in 1971. I feel it's fitting for today.

Imagine there's no heaven, it's easy if you try
No people below us, above is only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do
No need to kill or die for and no religions too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
and the world will live as one

Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can
No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man
Imagine all the people
Sharing for the world

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
and the world will live as one

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
and the world will live, will live as one

No comments: