Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Two reasons to make a cake from scratch

Reason 1

Dunkin Hines ingredients in their chocolate cake mix:

Sugar, Enriched Bleached Wheat Flour (Flour, Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid), Vegetable Oil Shortening (Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Propylene Glycol Mono- and Diesters Of Fats, Mono and Diglycerides), Cocoa Powder Processed with Alkali, Dextrose, Leavening (Sodium Bicarbonate, Dicalcium Phosphate, Sodium Aluminum Phosphate, Monocalcium Phosphate). Contains 2% Or Less Of: Modified Food Starch, Wheat Starch, Polyglycerol Esters Of Fatty Acids, Salt, Partially Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Cellulose Gum, Xanthan Gum, Maltodextrin, Artificial Flavors

Reason 2

Basic chocolate cake recipe ingredients:

Flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, salt, unsalted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla extract and milk.

Even though Dunkin Hines has buy-one-get-one free at my local grocery store this week...I'll be making Bella's cake from scratch. It's quite obvious to me.
Bella drew me a picture of our dream house near the mountains. There are apple trees and I have a pretty plant in my bedroom window. Very nice indeed.

1 comment:

athomewiththeknights said...

Awwww....but I so love the taste of cellulose gum! ;)

A big, fat, early Happy Birthday to Bella. Seven is really cool. I hope she has a fantastic day and enjoys the heck out of her chemical-free cake! ;)