Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Attack of the tooth eating squirrel

We came home to find our pumpkin looking a little different than before. We have a lot of brave squirrels roaming around and our pumpkin must have looked like a formidable snack. We've since brought in our gummy friend and will let him back out Halloween evening. Then again, he may look more ghoulish if we go ahead and let the squirrels rip him to shreds. What do you think?

*************
Also a great post by The Wednesday Chef from the other day called "Leap and the net will appear." Truly inspiring to me and the timing was perfect.

6 comments:

Lorna said...

wow what a perfect pumpkin! I cannot find one similiar. My kids especially sarah wants me to do one like yours I opt for an artificial one. By the way I really like split pea soup it is very nutritive and warming we call it soppa ta l armla widows soup.

athomewiththeknights said...

Maybe I should just put ours outside before we carve it and see what our neighborhood squirrel will do! ;)

Love the article you linked to. It's true, oh so very true. Sometimes you just need to jump in with both feet and know that you will land.

Val in the Rose Garden said...

We haven't carved pumpkins yet this year. I am not on top of it at all. Hope your little gummy stays safe until the big day. :)

val

Nessa said...

Widows soup, I love the name. Split peas and lentils are so inexpensive and pack a lot of flavor. I love them.

Yes Janet, I do believe the squirrels can do a nice job on the pumpkin for you.

Val, as busy as you are, I can understand! We only got one pumpkin this year and Bella seemed fine with it. She helped pick out all the seeds so that I could roast them.

Polly said...

oh oh!!

Holly said...

That is a cute pumpkin no matter what. We cannot carve ours until the day before...raccoons, squirrels, deer, etc.

Holly