Friday, October 9, 2009

Week ending Oct 16th

It's been a while since I've had the time to plan out a menu for the week. Whether this technique saves me any money at the grocery store is yet to be concluded. Seems the theme for this week is the tomato. I'll be needing at least 7 pints of the little cherry tomatoes this week.

Sat - A night out with some Horsd'oeuvres and home brew
Sun - Grilled steaks or pork chops (depends on $$) with grilled tomatoes & scallions
Mon - Roasted sweet potato soup with curried apples
Tues - Spaghetti puttanesca
Wed - Tomato-pepper soup with ham & arugula wraps
Thur - Seared salmon with polenta and roasted tomatoes
Fri - Leftovers/raid pantry or perhaps I'll be surprised. There's always hope.

For this Saturday mom is going to make me some wondrous Kapunata for us to take to our date out. I'll be accompanying that with that some homemade hummus. I will make two loaves of bread and then also take a platter with basil, roasted red pepper, mozzarella and grilled portabellos drizzled with some balsamic vinegar. We have to make sure we fill the belly while we sip on those high octane home brews!

1 comment:

Holly said...

I am trying very hard to accomplish this sort of a schedule for our menus...key word "trying." Your blog is really lovely and I see a lot of fantastic looking food - always looking for new thing to try.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and following.

Holly @ 504 Main