Monday, November 23, 2009

Making up for lost time

Sorry folks! I'm a week late in posting and all due to a whirlwind of events. My work has gone crazy. With my boss leaving a couple weeks ago (no love lost there), I have had to take on his secretive duties as well as keep the operations moving. Secretive meaning, he just split without sharing any information of how or what he did on anything.

I also; just this moment, found out that I am losing another co-worker that handles the accounting and HR, so those duties will be flung at me as well. So far she's shown me a ton of things and I can't imagine how I'm going to get it all done. I am feeling completely overwhelmed and not feeling too confident in myself that I have the brain capacity to handle this. I need good notes and thorough instructions. I'm not letting her leave until I feel comfortable! Not like how my boss just up and left us here in the dark. Such as life I suppose. There's nothing I can do about it until I can free myself of this. Patience grasshopper.

I have also been in and out because of doctor's appointments. I have an impacted wisdom tooth causing problems and needing surgery, Kristjan had an x-ray on his arm for his mystery ailment (x-rays came out fine) and then I had to stay home with him due to a stomach bug. Basically, I have not had the time to blog or keep up with my pals in blog land. I'll try to do better. I have to! The holidays are here and I'm going to do all I can to enjoy the moment and the happiness of family.


I did manage to get some cooking in that deemed worthy to share. Other nights were repeats or just plain uneventful sandwiches and such. I did make and truly enjoy a dish inspired by Martha's baked penne with chicken and sun dried tomatoes recipe. I changed it around a bit by using ziti instead of penne (no big deal there), ham instead of chicken, skim milk instead of whole milk and Monterrey Jack cheese instead of provolone. I also did not use any mushrooms.

Basically I created a rue then added the cheese, ham, sun dried tomatoes, cooked ziti and baked until top was golden for about 25 minutes. One of those comfort meals that provides plenty of leftovers. Check out the recipe, it's wonderful.

2 comments:

Holly said...

You certainly have a lot on your plate. Hope it eases a little for the holidays.

That recipe looks great. My kids LOVE ham!

Holly

PS-there is something on my blog for you.

Best Wishes, Marie said...

happy thanksgiving !! will try to read all the nitty gritty. but am excited to see your happy smiling children's faces !!!