Thursday, December 17, 2009

The butterflies are coming

With all the crap going on in my life right now, I still get little bursts where I remember it's Christmas and I'm supposed to be excited. I am, I really am. It's just hard when I'm knee deep in spreadsheets with a new boss that's uber excited and is always texting me, emailing me, and making me attend meetings. Don't get me wrong, I love his pleasant demeanor, I'm just so swamped at work and so behind at home...I can't seem to be able to yet soak up any of the holiday season. Oh, and I'm so behind on here as you well know.

I am getting those butterflies though! Tonight and tomorrow I will be cleaning and packing for our trip to Tennessee for Christmas. I am so excited! I haven't seen my beloved Tennessee since Thanksgiving of last year and I miss my sister Caroline and the family up there. Those mountains beckon. I can hear them calling! I have also instructed the townspeople up there to guarantee some snow for our visit. I wonder how they are getting along with that request.

I have some recipes to post and I promise to get them on tomorrow. Until then, happy baking, cooking, cleaning and celebrating!

3 comments:

Best Wishes, Marie said...

safe trip. it is a complicated season.

athomewiththeknights said...

I hope you all have a wonderful time. I'm certain you'll get snow; take lots of pictures for me.

Have a fabulous Christmas, rest, relax, and lets get together when you get back. :)

Nessa said...

Merry Christmas everyone!!! I miss you all so much!