Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Loving those meatballs

Lately, I just can't cook up some ground turkey or chicken with a dish like spaghetti. Seems a waste to me. I can make the meat so much more flavorful by adding spices and veg to it and creating meatballs. I form the balls, bake them for a while and then braise them in some broth for a little bit to keep them flavorful and moist.

In my large pan I sauteed some onion, a small green bell pepper and some mushrooms until onions were translucent. I then added three chopped zucchini and tossed until still tender. I added a can of chopped roasted tomatoes, the meatballs with remaining broth that had reduced a little after simmering and some cooked spaghetti. I combined and cooked until liquid was reduced and incorporated and served with Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Best Wishes, Marie said...

looks delicious. happy new year.

Nessa said...

Happy New Year to you!