Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Another yummy adventure

I bought a package of sweet potato and whole wheat gnocchi last week and didn't want to prepare it like I did before with the cream based sauce. Well, I DID WANT to make the cream based sauce, just can't! Anyway, I did the next best thing. Roasted veg puree!

I roasted up 3 Roma tomatoes chopped, 2 red bell peppers cut up, 5 cloves of garlic and 1 large onion cut up. In my processor I pureed until smooth. I boiled up my gnocchi and in a separate pan I browned some chicken sausage, mushrooms and some black olives. In the pan with the sausage I added the gnocchi, 1 cup white wine, pinch of crushed red pepper, salt, black pepper and the vegetable puree. Simmered it up for about 15 minutes before serving with toasted pine and walnuts (ran out of pine nuts!) and some goat cheese on the side.

I have to say, I wanted a little bit of goat cheese with every bite. Seemed completely different without it. I have to remember that for a nice rich red sauce, this is a great and easy way to go. Just roast it up and puree it!

No comments: