Monday, February 15, 2010

It was on the menu, I had to make it.

I joined a very cool program online that I believe I mentioned before called www.plantoeat.com. With this program you can upload your favorite online recipes, type in your own and share recipes with friends. You plan your week, drag the appropriate recipe for the day and then print out your shopping list which grabs all the ingredients from each recipe onto the list for you to edit before printing. It's awesome!

Last week I planned ahead to make Martha's Baked penne with chicken and sun-dried tomatoes again forgetting that I had a cholesterol blood work appointment. Let's just say, it's a prohibited recipe for both Chris and I because of our high cholesterol levels. I only make this kind of thing very rarely because of our issues. I can't help it! Sometimes I want a little Alfredo, bechamel or some other "cream sauce" with pasta. It's the ultimate in comfort food for me as well as fat and calories!

This dish provides all the comfort in the world. It includes butter, whole milk, cheese and even more cheese.


Can you see the creamy, cheesy texture? Even looking at it makes my heart skip a beat; but I promise you, it's delicious. The first time I made it I used ham instead of chicken. I won't be making this again for a very, very long time. Especially now that my results are back from the doctor. They say, stay away!

No comments: