Monday, February 15, 2010

No meat, yet a lot of attitude

I got a bookstore gift certificate for Christmas and finally got to go and use it. I got another cookbook of course! I picked the Food & Wine Quick From Scratch Italian Cookbook which has a great assortment of quick, fresh and easy Italian style recipes.
I made the blog's feature soup recipe last week and it was very easy and packed full of flavor. It didn't even call for any animal protein yet you wouldn't have noticed with all the flavors and textures it had. It has a little heat from some cracked red pepper and the Swiss chard gives it a nice kick. It's a must try. Hey look! It looks pretty close the book's photo!

By the way, I made the feature recipe (also from my new book) of Farfalle with Prosciutto, Spinach, Pine Nuts and Raisins and Chris went crazy over it. Another must try that's super easy to make. Something about combining raisins with toasted pine nuts and prosciutto, it just explodes in your mouth! Yummy city.

No comments: