Monday, March 1, 2010

An extended moment and lots of gratitude

Yesterday (Sunday) I wasn't feeling all that well and all due to my previous evening's behavior. Put it this way, I'll remember to respect the power of red wine and good conversation.

It wasn't a complete waste of a day. Even though I was paying my dues for over indulging, I was forced to stop any chore production (cleaning, cooking etc.) and just hang. I got to take a two and a half hour nap with my little man while Bella and Chris went off on a road trip for a while. That was very nice.

Then later, after tucking in Chris and Bella because Kristjan and I had taken too long of a nap and weren't tired, I played some more with the little guy. We stayed up just about an hour later reading and playing. He loves books so much. We sat there that whole hour going through books singing and learning.

When it was time for bed I walked into the kitchen to take my daily meds and get some more water with Kristjan in tow. I picked him up and and while on my way back into the living room to change his diaper for bed, he squeezed me very tightly, giving me this wondrous hug. I then said "I love you Bubbers." and he then; for the very first time, said "I love you mommy." I was so very happy at that moment; tears coming out, just like when I first heard it from Bella. I squeezed him tightly and decided to extend that moment and just rock with him for a while. Bed can wait a few minutes more.

With all of that, I have to share my gratitude. Something I forget to remind myself at times and I allow the trivial processes of everyday life to cloud what's right there in front of me.

I am thankful for my family. That I have them, they all are safe and healthy. My two beautiful children, that no matter how insecure I feel how others think of me, I know they love me unconditionally. They still have the honest ability to love and be pure of heart. I am thankful for a wonderful husband, who protects us and has always been my best friend.

I am thankful for my large family, those near like my dad and mom, who have always helped when in need and continue to help and love us each day. Those that are far that I get to chat with now and then, and hope to see again soon.

I am thankful for my home, that I have work, food and clothing. I would give it all up for my children and husband.

I am thankful for my friends. Those that I know do care and are there for me. You know who you are. Thank you.

With all I have to be thankful for, to live for, I need to do a better job of taking care of myself. So that I can make sure I'm here to experience life with my family. Without my health, I have nothing.

I have a low key food week this week. Even though I plan to make mostly sandwiches, soups and salads this week, I'll try to make them original and maybe even post them. I truly need to come up with dinner faster. I adore my kitchen, but during the hectic work week, I need to spend more time with family, less time in the kitchen.

To my family and good friends, I love you.

1 comment:

athomewiththeknights said...

Awwww.....I'm all teary-eyed over here. What a sweet day you had yesterday. I love days like that. Days when the girls are I are just giggling over silly stuff, when they curl up with me on the couch and we watch tv, when I watch them and they have no clue I'm staring at them while they're being fabulous. :) Those are great days. Glad you got to enjoy that.