Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Playing with pie crust

This Sunday I made another batch of Timpana which we are still nibbling on. I made a double batch of pie dough so that I would have enough to play some more with pie crust later in the week.

Even though I was out of eggs and really didn't have enough pie dough, I still made myself a spinach pie. I only had enough dough for the top. It was very delicious but it was lacking that one egg that would have held it together and the bottom crust. Next time I'll make it so that you can hold a slice in your hand to eat!

I mixed together in a bowl 1 medium onion chopped and 3 garlic cloves chopped. Those I cooked a bit first. Then I added three packages of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and squeezed free of water), 1 package feta cheese crumbled, salt, pepper and some crushed red pepper.

Next time I'll be adding that all important egg for binding and I think maybe some Parmesan for more flavor.


Served with some rocket tossed with just some onions, tomatoes and Dijon vinaigrette. There was only one slice left for lunch today. Even though it was missing things, it was still good enough for seconds!

No comments: