Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Super easy chicken and rosemary soup

I was originally following a grocery store recipe when I started this dish and I ended up abandoning it because I thought it needed "just a bit more" of this or that. I also noticed I had some spinach I needed to eat up fast and also wanted to add a little pasta to it. Even with my little additions, it came out good and quick.
Ingredients:
  • 3 teaspoons fresh rosemary chopped
  • 1 lb boneless chicken tenders cut into 1 inch pieces
  • 1 can cannellini beans drained and rinsed
  • 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
  • 3 tablespoons julienne-cut sun-dried tomatoes
  • 3 cups raw spinach
  • 1/2 cup dried small pasta
  • salt and pepper

In the pot with some olive oil, cook the chicken about 3 mins add the rosemary and cook while tossing for another 3 mins. Add the broth, salt, pepper, beans, sun-dried tomatoes and pasta. Cook on medium heat until pasta is almost done. Add the spinach at the end as the pasta finishes.

No comments: