Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The perfect summer food

No matter how many times I make rice salad, I still can't get it as good as my aunt Vivian's. Hers rocks! I remember how much I loved eating a bowl of rice salad on the beach. It was the perfect quenching meal for being outdoors. The salty air always complimented it so well.

Every now and then I make a big batch of rice salad. We eat off of it for days and it's a great way to clean out the frig or make a large dish for little money. I don't know if there are any rules to rice salad. Put in whatever you fancy. I'm sure mine is different each time.

This time I didn't have any canned tuna. In this version I had cooked rice, green bell pepper, capers, olives, onions, cucumber, chick peas, carrots, corn, salt, pepper and olive oil.

Next time I think I'll make a batch and take it to the beach and see if I can get a little closer to Vivian's recipe! ;o)

No comments: