Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Chicken Nuggets

Last night I was in a bit of a rush but wanted something different out of chicken breasts. I get tired of chicken sometimes. I mean, skinless and boneless chicken breasts are pretty nasty on their own. Ever tried a poached chicken breast? Not much going on there. That's why we always each chicken breasts with a sauce, stuffed or well seasoned.

I had some sliced chicken breasts to use so I decided to make my version of nuggets with them.
It was a quick process. While they baked away I had the kids bathed, school lunches prepped and the side dish chopped and ready to prepare. Chris was out battling our lawn while the sun was out.

I preheated the oven to 350. In the middle of each breast slice I placed one 1/4 inch slice of feta cheese and a small slice of thin prosciutto, then folded the chicken around and placed seam side down in an oiled baking dish.

I had saved tomato juice from the night before when I roasted a bunch of tomatoes. In that juice I added some chopped kalamata olives, 3 cloves chopped garlic and 1/4 cup chopped sun dried tomatoes, a little olive oil, salt and black pepper. Mixed that all together and poured over the chicken. Baked for about 45 minutes. ** Mine were a bit over done as we didn't get to just sit down and eat right when they were ready. Just make sure to check and make sure they are done. Serve with broth poured on top.

For the side I chopped up a fennel bulb in thin slices, sliced up about 8 radishes, drained and rinsed a can of cannellini beans and washed up two bags of baby spinach.

In my saute pan with a little olive I cooked the fennel and radishes until tender, added the beans, salt and pepper. About 10 minutes later I added the spinach, some veg broth and juice from a lime.

No comments: