Sunday, August 8, 2010

Grilling and brewing

It's been a whirlwind of a time for me. Just really busy at work and even with taking a day off here and there, it's hard to feel "rested". Thursday of this week I had the day off and spent the day alone with my Bella. We did some mall hopping, school clothes shopping and window wishing. We had a great time and Bella loved picking out her clothes. She's all into the peace sign this year. Too bad I got rid of all my old peace and grunge apparel.

We first had a nice breakfast at her favorite restaurant called "Cafe Fresco". It's a small family owned restaurant. Very clean with simple, yet consistently lovely meals. She truly digs their French toast made on large slices of Italian bread with a couple of strips of bacon on the side.

Kristjan always enjoys and requests right away if not already on the table, their feature home made sweat bread for breakfast. Usually there is something yummy like pumpkin spice, banana nut, zucchini bread or apple spice bread in a basket. Kristjan loves it.

Friday I also had the day off. I spent most of the morning at therapy. I have patellofemoral syndrome in my right knee. Lots of pain at times. It's a bring down right now as I have had to stop walking with mom for a while until my therapy is completed.

After therapy I ran errands, got groceries, cleaned house and battled the laundry. Even with all that, it was still ten times better than being stuffed in my windowless office all day at work.

Saturday we decided to break out the grill in between rain showers after Chris brewed is latest batch of beer.
It was a beautiful spread! Nanna and Nannu came over. We played in the pool, visited, cooked and ate a great grilled meal. Bella enjoyed some new flavors as well.
Grilled plank salmon with pesto on top.
Dad's delicious garlic and parsley potatoes.
An assortment of grilled yummies. Some eggplant, zucchini, onions and apple maple chicken sausage. I love grilled veg. I think I'm just going to start grilling all my veg on Sunday so I can use it in different dishes throughout the week. There wasn't much left at all for leftovers of this meal.
Chris pouring in his brew into the carboys after a day of cooking.
Ten gallons of yummy IPA. They are currently fermenting well. It will be over a month before drinkable.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess Designs said...

Dang woman, what did you do to your knee?!?! Ouch. That has got to hurt like hell. I hope you're back up and walking soon.

I am drooling over that big sandwich. I think I might have to make one of those soon.