Wednesday, January 26, 2011

New from the old

Well, not that old. Last night was all about using up leftovers in the frig but being creative about it. These are pasta fritters cooking up in some olive oil.
For these I combined in a bowl some leftover cacio e pepe (peppered pasta), half of a orange bell pepper - chopped, half of a onion - chopped, 1/2 cup flour, 2 eggs, 1 bunch chopped cilantro and 1 baked sweet potato chopped. By the time I was done mixing, the sweet potato had mashed up within all of the mix. They were awesome! Next time I do this I will have to make sure I add a baked sweet potato or butternut squash to it again.
This one was simple and used all fresh ingredients. I just wanted have more asparagus and thought it would be a good combo. Scrambled eggs with asparagus and goat cheese.
This was an easy side too. Leftover mushroom gravy heated up with some fresh spinach. I think this may have been my last bunch of that spinach from the market. They may still have it next week, but I'm not sure. I am going to look for it regardless.

1 comment:

John said...

That was a good idea to use all those left over food and create something delicious out of it. GREAT!


Alaska Fishing Lodge | Real Estate