Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Memorial Day dins

Mom and dad came over for Memorial Day and we enjoyed some pool time and grilling. Dad brought over some shrimp and lobster and I made the veggies. I hadn't enjoyed lobster in so long I couldn't wait to enjoy it again.
This French lentil salad is very easy to make. It was a different spin on an earlier version I made. I just used different vegetables. This salad is French lentils boiled until tender, drained and cooled mixed with 1 chopped onion, 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes, chopped black olives, 1 tablespoon capers, 1 handful chopped parsley, 1 can cannellini beans, 1 red bell pepper chopped, 1/4 cup olive oil, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar. The longer it sits, the better it is!


Dad's curry rubbed grilled shrimp skewers. They were delish!
I put together some easy vegetable skewers to go with the grilled seafood. I could live on grilled kabobs.


Dad made some light and crispy shrimp tempora for the kids. Those were addictive.


We can't forget the lobster. Oh man! Dad rubbed them with some olive oil emulsified with garlic. They were so creamy and sweet.



Thank you mom and dad for bringing the awesome grub over that day. I really had forgotten how tasty those sea bugs could be. We were only missing the steel drums, rum and the ocean.

No comments: