Monday, August 22, 2011

Update on an old post

I stumbled upon an old post of mine from March of 2009. After reading, I decided to maybe answer some of my own questions a couple years later. What have I learned?

From my March post: My answers and comments will be in blue.

This year is travelling by very fast it seems. It's March already! I decided to revisit my six resolutions from January to see how I am doing so far and it's looking like I have only touched the surface on the list.

I have not yet officially gotten off my duff to maintain a regular exercise routine. I did manage to improve my diet though. I'm off the duff and exercising! Diet may not have been improved enough back then as I was still overweight. Much better now!

I have gotten better at not spending money during the week but still failed to lower the grocery costs the way I want. I am doing my best, but still not making it work. Frustrating! We are making a point to put aside money when we can, so that has improved. All still the same here. Trying still to lower costs and trying still to figure out how to save money. Savings? What is that exactly?

I have had two mishaps here. Seem to fall victim when I am out, hungry with no healthy option in sight. Lack of self discipline along with living in a town with nothing but greasy spoons and fast food doesn't help either. Lack of self discipline was right. I have no problem avoiding such nastiness now.

I have started about half of my garden. I have three tomatoes, three peppers, and herbs. I still need to sow my squash, rocket, peas, more basil (use a ton of it) and lettuce. This summer was a bad one for produce, great for herbs though.

I am still working on the "get time for myself" thing. Not easy right now and I know I will have more time when Kristjan gets bigger. I made myself some time. It may not always be convenient for me or maybe even my family, but I had to make this time and I am using it by exercising or staying up to read.

I am still pondering what to do when I grow up. I am going to back to school in the summer. I have ideas in my head of what I wish I could do and am gathering and writing ideas. I am thankful to have a job but can't wait until the day I can finally enjoy what I do. Ugh, no progress here unfortunately. This subject is still a problem for me.

I wonder how many resolution lists I have on here. It's interesting to look back at them and see if any progress was made.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess Designs said...

Love all the blog updates! I'm thinking I need to make a pizza this week now. :)

While y'all are fighting over school supplies, I am waiting for it all to go on clearance and then I'm going to stock up for another year or two.

Sigh - if only certain people would watch that commercial and learn something from it. We can't save the world, but we keep on trying, right?