Thursday, September 29, 2011

The green goo is good!

I commented about a week ago about leaving work early one day to get some rest as I was coming down with a cold only to receive multiple calls from work which left me restless. Well, while I was laying there awake I watched a little foodtv in the bedroom. Giada De Laurentiis was on and she featured a recipe that was a favorite of her mother. It is called Grilled Herbed Tofu with Avocado Cream. I was kind of skeptical about it as I'm a little afraid of tofu (my inexperience with it), but thought the avocado cream would be luscious enough to make it all work out.
The avocado cream was rich and savory - man it was good! We were also digging the texture of the seared tofu. Crispy on the outside and creamy in the inside. Chris was very surprised that he loved it. I suppose when he saw me preparing it he was thinking the worst.

I prepared some field peas along side and it all combined very nicely. If nothing else, you must make that avocado cream! Stuff rocks!

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess Designs said...

I saw that show, too! I love tofu. Wildwood is by far the best brand that I've tried. :) You can get it at WF.