Thursday, September 29, 2011

School pics and grumpy little man

It's that lovely time of year again! Time for all of the school fundraisers, donations, activities (which require more donations) and school pictures. This time I ordered more pictures so there would be plenty for the family members. Bella's school pictures came out better this year. Last year she had a cold and forgot to brush her hair. You know, I can't remember any of my early grade school pictures being fantastic. I either had bad hair, cold soars or pimples. Shoot...I think my senior year was the only decent shot.

She has decided to grow her hair this year. No more inverted bob for now. Bellabean in the third grade...what happened to that laughing baby in that bouncy seat? Growing up too fast.

Oh, check this out. When I saw this picture of Bella it reminded me of someone.
This is not Bella. This is Jodi Foster as a child. I don't know about you, but I found a similarity there. Both are strong willed too!
And here we have the happy skeleton and the grumpy little man. We were way ahead of the game this year and got his Halloween costume early. We thought about buying another one to keep in the closet for Halloween (so it is wearable) because he wants to wear the thing all the time and we know he's going to destroy it before he gets a chance to use it.

He was ticked because we would only let him wear the mask last night. Two parts to not letting him wear the whole ensemble. One, we want him to learn that things don't always go the way you want them to. Two, I don't really have the money to buy duplicates of everything so that he can tear up his costume. He needs to learn to be kind to his things.

He survived. After a few minutes he had is room upside down with books and toys and was just playing away.

No comments: