Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I'm a firefighter!

This Monday I went to the first meeting and officially started my Engine2 - 28 day challenge. Chris is also on board. I'm just relaying the meeting info and cooking up all the cool food for him since he volunteered to stay home with the kids while I attend the meetings. We've actually been on this diet for almost three weeks now, so we have a bit of a head start. There were about 70 of us that attended and the speaker was very enthusiastic, knowledgeable and inspiring. Even more inspiring were the few people that came up to speak in regards as to how this diet changed their lives. One woman had her diabetes cured while another lost weight and no longer battles with arthritis. Completely cured. It gave me the chills.

All of this from feeding the body proper nutrition for it to heal itself. No drugs.

The event manager and speaker, Curtis also referenced all of the giants that I have been following all this time. - Rip Esselstyn, his father Caldwell Esselstyn, T. Colin Campbell, Dr. McDougall, Joel Furhman, Jeff Novick, etc. I knew I was in the right place and was so glad I participated.


Not sure if you can read the above, but it's just a page from our little program guide. This program has two options. Fire Cadet or Firefighter. We aren't going to fiddle around with phasing this and that out one by one....we're firefighters! I know it can be done. All it takes is self control.

Fire Cadets: (Week 1 - No Dairy and no refined or processed foods. Week 2 - No meat, chicken, eggs, fish, along with dairy & processed foods. Week 3 - No extracted oils.)

Firefighters: (Jump right in and exclude all.)

We've been having fun experimenting these past three weeks. We have slipped and added oil here and there as I'm almost having to learn how to cook again without it. Starting as of Monday, no more oils. They mentioned in the meeting, especially those that had dramatic health benefits and change that omitting the oil was the true fix all.

I'll be keeping a food log and also sharing my recipes and foods on here. Wish us luck! ;o)

2 comments:

Best Wishes, Marie said...

just staring at the hot man in the firefighter is enough for me. but i am sure all the benefits and the food taste great.

Nessa said...

Yes.....Rip is very handsome! ;)