Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Please sell crazy somewhere else

This morning when Bella went outside to walk Max, she found this lovely note on the door.

I then had to explain that the world was not coming to an end in 2012 and not to fear any Armageddon or seven last plagues.  Nice to have to calm down a traumatic 9 year old at 6 in the morning because some religious fundamentalists are leaving their scare tactic brochures at my front door.  Nice.

Can I move now?

My God is good and created the universe and all of nature.  I believe that he/she just wants us to also be good.  Do the right thing, not hurt others.  Basic right from wrong stuff.  These people try to instill needless fear into lives in order to collect cash and it works.  Sadly.

The end of the world is when the earth finally has run its cycle (we have a few million more years left), the sun says "kaput", (we should have a few million more years of the sun also) a giant asteroid collides with us or us humans destroy it through madness.  I think these people are confusing natural disasters with "plagues".  Hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes, volcano eruptions, drought, melting icebergs, cold, hot and the like are all natural phenomenon from the earth just changing with time or from our bad treatment of the environment.  Sorry...that's how I see it.

1 comment:

Domestic Goddess Designs said...

Hey, I just did a short lesson on end of the world stuff here for the kids. lol They think it's crazy that some people think the world is going to end. I explained that many people have thought the world is going to end at many different times and apparently we are still here.

Lovely way to start the day for you - NOT.

Glad to see you blogging again!