Sunday, February 26, 2012

Just in time

Nothing beats the work day blues like the weekend.  It came just in time.  I really needed a couple of days to familiarize myself again with my life and get away from the drama. 

It's been a great weekend.  Saturday Nanna joined me and the kids as we did our monthly Whole Foods run and weekly groceries.  We all had dinner together and it was fantastic.  Nannu made some awesome stuffed squash and we threw together some roasted veg for a side.  There were no leftovers.

Sunday was packed full of more items.  Got one of the car's oil changed, picked up some seeds to plant, organizational items for the house, Chris pruned some trees, cleaned house, finished the laundry, organized the pantry, washed Max, washed the floors, organized my closet, dresser and bookshelves and began to tackle more then realized it was time to start dinner. 
Another lovely batch of Forbidden Rice!  The recipe is from Whole Foods and can be found here. This time I added edamame instead of canned beans.  I really liked the edamame because they still held some texture to them.  I added some seitan sausage for extra flavor. 
Someone was so proud of getting his pjs on himself, he had to celebrate.  He prefers to try and dress himself.  Not always perfect, but he manages. 

I'm trying to calm my stomach as I sit and write this evening.  The rest of the house is sleeping and I just needed a little time to myself to sit, write and stare at the TV.  I know Monday morning is fast approaching and I'm trying to soak in every moment of this weekend that I can. 

Insert motivational photo here.  Tomorrow is a new day.  I will smile at the sunrise and be thankful.

No comments: