Saturday, March 3, 2012

Just me and my Dee Dee

It was a wonderful Saturday as I was able to spend it alone with Bella.  After breakfast we left for her hair appointment.  On the way there we enjoyed some of Bella's fav songs.  A little Bieber, some Selena Gomez and Lady Gaga.

She tried to grow her hair but decided to get back to her bob.  I love her hair like this and she feels more herself again.  It's also much easier to get a brush through.

After her appointment we went by the mall near us as I had a couple of coupons to use at Victoria Secret.  While we were in there one of the sales ladies gave Bella a pretty ribbon to wear on her wrist.  She totally loved it. Since it was the first Saturday of the month it was also market day.  The mall near us is an outdoor mall and twice a month they close the streets for the market where many local vendors have their products.  Local honey, farmers with their produce, arts, crafts, fresh breads, preserves, pet services etc.  We walked a bit while Bella enjoyed a warm pretzel.  I found my favorite little tent where this cute older lady sells the best jellies and purchased another jar of her peach preserves. 

Bella told me she was having the best day and loved being able spend time with me.  Just the two of us. I'm so happy she had a good time.
It was a breezy spring like day we and spent the afternoon playing the back yard.  Kristjan helped me plant the arugula seeds in our pots. 
I had some pizza dough from last week that I froze and also purchased a new ball.  I should make my own, but sometimes I get lazy and just grab a ready to roll pizza dough ball from the grocery store.  I usually buy the dough to just throw together a quick pizza for the kids but I've been craving pizza like crazy and decided to make a couple of pies for dinner. 

One pie was for the kids.  Their favorite - cheese pizza.  Chris and I had the works.  Red sauce, mushrooms, garlic, onions, red peppers, asparagus, spinach, carrots and green olives.  No cheese needed and none missed.  It was a great pie.

To complete a great day.

No comments: