Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Gluten Free Day 4


Wilted collards tossed with mushrooms, roasted potatoes, spiced corn with chick peas, peppers and onions.

I love, love collards.  They are one of my favorite greens.  They are very easy to prepare and allow you to flavor them in many ways.  The potatoes were easy and I made sure to squirt some ketchup on my plate for dipping. 

The corn dish was very flavorful.  I chopped an onion and red bell pepper and cooked them with chopped rosemary, chili powder, salt, pepper and cumin until the onion was translucent then added a can of corn, and a small can of chick peas and let that simmer about 15 minutes.

I'm still taking my meds and I can tell they are working.  I have been waking up with my ears popping and adjusting as the pressure must be changing and hopefully getting relief.  So far I have noticed that I feel lighter somehow and so far, my upper and lower abdomen are not feeling tender to the touch or sore with movement.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: