Sunday, September 16, 2012

Some the same, some better

Day nine being gluten free and have finally taken my last antibiotic pill so I should hope to get a better read on how I feel once they have completely cycled out of my system.

I can't tell entirely if the cessation of any symptoms are due to lack of gluten or the medicine.  Time will tell and that's what I am looking forward to discover.  So far for the better I have been able to wake up in the morning without hacking up goobers and my nose hasn't been runny either.  I have been feeling a bit lighter and feel a bit more alert.

As far as something seeming the same; well, I again began experiencing the sore to the touch upper abdominal pain.  Not free standing pain, but when pressed or if I turn a certain way, it feels sore or bruised.  Not sure what the hell that is.  Gas?  Pancreas? Meds? 

According to the MRI I received in February, the pancreas, stomach, liver and such all looked normal and the endoscopy the year before stated the same.  So...what's the deal?

I guess that's why I'm taking this route.  I'm sure it takes more than just nine days to clean up 40 years of gluten intake and especially my most recent gluten bonanza diet that I was enjoying.

Here is dinner for day nine. 
  • Wilted spinach with garlic.
  • White beans sauteed with roasted red peppers, garlic, herbs and white wine
  • Roasted potatoes

No comments: